Sunday, March 20, 2011

StrathmoreVisual Art Journal Workshop 2

Linda Blinn is the instructor for Strathmore Journal Workshop 2.   I am sharing my two page spread with foldouts with you.  It was made with color washes for the background.  I took doilies and laid them on the page and sprayed over them for the background of the pages.  I love the way the pages turned out.

I then hand drew the houses and colored them with Copic markers.  Just a tip, be careful using the markers as they do bleed somewhat even on the watercolor 110.    These pages were done to help me with the work I amdoing for a prayer group study I am doing at St. Mark's . 





3 comments:

Merry's Musings said...

wow, these really turned out nice! love the verse, the doilies really make it intersting, and the houses are perfect! best wishes!

Shelley Whiting said...

I love the houses they're very whimsical and playful.

Patricia Jane said...

Darlene, I've very much enjoyed seeing your artwork! Made me smile when I first looked at this post --- My mind read "Lord, teach us to PLAY"... I know the verse is Pray, but it made me sort of smile because sometimes the Lord DOES need to teach us (bigger children) how to PLAY again.

Enjoy today, and may you PLAY (along with the pray, of course!)