Saturday, January 8, 2011

Visual Art Journal Week 2

Just finished week 2 for the Strathmore Visual Art Journal online workshop. If you are interested you can start anytime.  The videos are going to be there for awhile.

I am posting both weeks so you can see the progress. This is really hard to not
 want to move forward because it feels so uncompleted.
This is week 1. We glued paper and photos onto the journal. I did not have the visual art journal recommended and my journal is called a field watercolor journal.  One problem with this is every other page is thin paper that you would sketch one.

 This is week 2. We added gesso over the page, then I used graphite pencil and oil pastels to work the page.
 These are my week 1 & 2 right page.






3 comments:

Alexandriaweb said...

The first image is very pretty, but it's the only one that is showing up.

...Darlene said...

Alexandria,
I think it should show all four now. Not sure what was going on.
thanks for letting me know.
d

Grace to You said...

Hope you don't mind me contacting you like this, but I don't have your e-mail address anymore...I'm glad I saw your comment recently on Kitten's blog - that's how I knew about yours! :)

I just wanted to thank you for the beautiful Christmas card - I love it!

Best wishes for a very blessed year ahead!

Love,
Sandi