Sunday, March 21, 2010

Barbie Doll..Sea Maiden and Turtle

Sometime ago, after attending a wonderful Art Retreat in Washington MO, where I met  Chaksa Peacock   in person.  We were all part of a online group called Holy Moly Mackeroly!    Holy Moly Maceroly...from 3 Art Stamps to the Smithsonian...:Reflections on the Business of Art and the Art of Life is a book written by Gloria Page.   We would often share our projects and Chaksa aka Mai-Liis had extra Barbie dolls as she used them in her projects.  She shared two of them with me for a clay project I wanted to try. 
I made a mold and then cast the doll head into clay.  It did not turn out the way I thought it would.

The whole project fell apart and I smashed it down onto the table. After doing so, something started to come forward and I managed to make something with that pitiful casting. I call it Sea Maiden and Turtle.





2 comments:

Merry's Musings said...

Your creation from creation turned out very nice. Love the turtle as well. Love the glaze too. Its so organic looking. Hope you are happily creating!! bye for now

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

This is beautiful Darlene, I can tell you are very talented! Love the glaze, the flow of the art!