Saturday, January 9, 2010

One Little Word Jan Ninth

I am enjoying my journey with the One Little Word project. We have a group on the Close to My Heart Consultant bulletin board who have shared their words and some of them their "why" they thought that word was the word for them. Some if them picked the word and some of them the word picked them. Regardless the journey is going to be interesting.


Today, I was smacked in the face with the fact that I am full of jealousy and/or envy. There are many areas in my life were I find myself comparing what I do to others. Whining about the fact that they just don't get it, I work so hard and they just coast along. I find I do not share well. I do not share family and or friends well. I do not know if that makes sense to anyone but even as little kid I didn't share well. So along with my word COURAGE,I plan on seeing were courage takes me on this newest discovery about jealousy.


Here is my newest page in my book. 




1 comment:

Donna said...

Darlene, I am very much enjoying your blog. How brave of you to share a diversity of insights, beliefs, and paths in your Journey. Like you, I find myself comparing myself, as well, but for different reasons. I can't seem to "catch up", and when I am almost on the same page as others (or so I think), I slip back and lose days due to health issues. OTOH, I am so much kinder to others, and less forgiving toward myself. I think maybe as we forgive ourselves, and appreciate ourselves more fully, that we can feel those ways about others without feeling "left out" and without comparing ourselves. Do you suppose it comes down to acceptance? Acceptance for the beauty in others, and acceptance in actually viewing our own inner beauty?